For my beloved wife......




Cardboard Cutouts

These plastic stunts on thrifty cards,
Penned by cardboard bards.
While the enchanted breed scoff,
At the stinted deed of,
The Valentine day Lover,
Seeking that special day cover.
-----
 I’m sitting here straining,
For convoluted ways of framing,
A lifetime’s adoration,
Of a Princess’ Coronation.
While the simplest stanza dares,
To merely say “he cares.”
-----
They say today is for the lover’s name,
Yet they carve hearts out of shame,
And “forget me nots”,
From a year of forgetful thoughts.
But I’m afraid that I remembered yesterday,
And so declared my actions to be what I say.
-----
But I wouldn’t have these cardboard lovers,
Say I hid beneath frugality’s covers.
So the flowers are here to express our life,
The poem reflects the absence of strive,
On bended knee and curly head,
I remind you of what I’ve already said.

I love you my beloved wife!

Comments

Popular Posts