Being Beside Spontaneous Delight


Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
e. e. cummings


The picture above captured my beloved ones expressing a moment of spontaneous delight at merely being beside other beloved ones on Christmas Day.

Being beside beings who are delightfully open to life is intoxicating. 

From the first glance there has always been an aura of faery dust substance around my wife that has promised a spirited depth, delight and determination in the being it surrounds. In the years since meeting this royal Faery Being, I've found that her subtle wisdom on any topic fully delivers the promise of depth one immediately senses in her company. Her steely will to face any challenge with courage and conviction delivers the pledge of willful determination one feels is offered in first discovering this warrior princess in their world. But it was, and still is her spontaneous delight that takes my feet from under me and washes me away into willing servitude of this paragon of life. 

Our son has thankfully been imbued with the same magical faery feel my wife possesses. Their combined delight is like a cloud of faery pixies that advance before them enchanting and ensorcelling all those within their vicinity. 

These two faery folk believe in themselves and that beautiful belief seeps into the world around them. Their emboldened belief obviously comes from a supernatural source and I can sense the Supernatural Being that empowers these magical beings. 

One of my son's favorite faery enchantments starts with a folding of the hands, followed by the hypnotically enchanted oratory of "Come Lord Jesus, be our guest...." 

My son is 18 months old and yet he understands that one must have a supernatural meta-narrative if one is to risk fully living within their natural micro-narrative. 

I am deeply grateful to be beside such delight that is so supernaturally spontaneous. 





Comments

Popular Posts