Necessary and Possible produces the Impossible....


"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
Francis of Assisi

Last week I began a new job, and by the end of the week I had managed to create a little oasis in this new place. (see picture above) This was both necessary and possible which are the two basic building blocks in constructing the Impossible.

I took Francis of Assisi's advice and started working on the necessary, discovering through that process what is actually possible which enabled me to set aside worrying about how to do the Impossible.

So week 1:
I "founded" the "Oasis of Robert" as a place of sublime tranquility; I "sped read" a small hillock of information, I listened carefully to everyone and everything, and I mapped out the fastest route from my desk to the office coffee machine.

Plan for week 2:
Speed read several more hillocks of information, continue to listen carefully to everyone and everything and make liberal use of the office coffee machine. (we have a nice coffee machine)

Necessary and Possible.... The musings of me..... I wonder what Impossible things these steps will produce?

Hope you have the "impossible" turn up this week!











Comments

Popular Posts